Kip Law Firm > Dallas Wrongful Death Attorneys
Dallas Texas Wrongful Death Attorneys/ Lawyers
A wrongful death claim is a type personal injury claim when a person is killed due the negligent or wrongful conduct of others. A wrongful death claim belongs to the deceaseds estate and the parents, children, and spouse. There are legal deadlines in which a wrongful death claim must be asserted. You should a contact a Dallas wrongful death attorney immediately.
To get most value from your wrongful death claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Report the accident to the police;
- If your family member dies at work, report the accident to their employer and call OSHA (972) 850-4145 to report the accident;
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to the accident;
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to a wrongful death attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to a wrongful death attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to a wrongful death attorney.
Hiring a Dallas, Texas wrongful death attorney quickly could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a wrongful death attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your grief, sadness, and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the wrongful death attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses and photographs. Three, the wrongful death attorney can protect you and your familys best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a wrongful death attorney will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Wrongful death claims can arise from:
- medical malpractice,
- auto accidents,
- motorcycle accidents,
- airplane and helicopter accidents,
- boat, diving and watercraft accidents,
- truck, semi truck, tractor-trailer, 18 wheeler, delivery truck, cement truck, garbage truck and bus accidents,
- drunk driver accidents,
- pedestrian and bicycle accidents,
- nursing home abuse, birth injury,
- child abuse and injuries,
- defective products,
- electrocutions and burns
- dangerous premises,
- railroad accidents,
- cruise ship and vacation accidents,
- fraternity hazing
- dog bites,
- construction accidents,
- work and on-the-job accidents,
- oilfield, oilrig accidents and refinery explosions
If a loved one or relative dies because of wrongful death compensation may be given for: funeral expenses, medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, loss of emotional support and companionship provided by spouse or parent; and loss of household duties provided by spouse or parent.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles wrongful death cases throughout the State of Texas. If you lost a family member due to wrongful death, please call Dallas Wrongful Death Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.