DALLAS TEXAS PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS/ LAWYERS
A catastrophic personal injury involves injuries such as loss of vision, paralysis, brain damage, major burns, amputations, multiple fractures, spinal cord injuries, and nerve injuries in the chest, shoulder, legs or arms.
Catastrophic personal injuries turn into wrongful death claims if the injured person dies from the accident, before a lawsuit or during a lawsuit. Children, parents, and spouses can assert wrongful death claims for the death of their loved one.
A person can have a personal injury claim because of an intentional act committed by another person or entity or because of a negligent act committed by another person or entity. Not all injuries are the fault of another person or entity.
There are no automatic wins in personal injury cases and if a personal injury attorney promises you a certain result on your case, you should leave that personal injury attorneys office immediately. To prevail on a personal injury claim, one must show another persons intentional or negligent act caused the accident; the intentional or negligent act caused your injury, and the amount of damages you sustained from the accident and injury.
If a person or family can show the personal injury or wrongful death is due to the negligent and wrongful conduct of others, that person or family may recover compensation, which can include:
- Medical bills
- Funeral expenses
- Future medical care
- Lost wages
- Future loss of earning capacity damages
- Mental anguish
To get most value from your personal injury claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Report the accident to the police or government agency;
- If your family member is injured or dies at work, report the accident to their employer and call OSHA (972) 850-4145 to report the accident
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to the accident;
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and injuries
- If injured, get immediate medical attention and follow doctors orders;
- Document your pain, stress, swelling, and other injuries that cannot be seen
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to a personal injury attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to a personal injury attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to a personal injury attorney.
Hiring a Dallas, Texas personal injury attorney quickly could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a personal injury attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your injuries, grief, sadness, and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the personal injury attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses and photographs. Three, the personal injury attorney can protect you and your familys best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a personal injury attorney will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
The personal injury attorneys at the Kipness Law Firm represent individuals and families that have sustained the following types of personal injuries.
- Traumatic Brain injury (TBI) and Concussion or Head Injury
- Spinal Cord injury (SCI)
- Paralysis and Speech Loss
- Quadriplegia and paraplegia
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Amputations and Loss of Limbs
- Seizures, Numbness, and Loss of Consciousness
- Vision Loss, Eye Injury, Blindness, and Hearing loss
- Permanent disability
- Back injury (herniated disc or vertebrae fracture)
- Knee injury (torn meniscus or patella fracture)
- Shoulder injury (rotator cuff)
- Ankle injury
- Broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other emotional injuries
Personal injury and wrongful death claims can arise from:
- medical malpractice,
- auto accidents,
- motorcycle accidents,
- airplane and helicopter accidents,
- boat, diving and watercraft accidents,
- truck, tractor-trailer, 18 wheeler, semi-truck, dump truck, delivery truck, garbage truck and bus accidents,
- DWI drunk driver accidents,
- pedestrian and bicycle accidents,
- nursing home abuse,
- fraternity hazing,
- electrocutions and burns
- sexual assaults, rapes
- assaults and fights at bars
- birth injury,
- child abuse and injuries,
- defective products,
- dangerous premises,
- railroad accidents,
- cruise ship and vacation accidents,
- dog bites,
- construction accidents,
- work and on-the-job accidents,
- oilfield, oilrig accidents and refinery explosions.
If a loved one or relative dies because of personal injury wrongful death compensation may be given for: funeral expenses, medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, loss of emotional support and companionship provided by spouse or parent; and loss of household duties provided by spouse or parent.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles personal injury wrongful death cases throughout the State of Texas. If you lost a family member due to wrongful death, please call Dallas Personal Injury Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.