DALLAS TEXAS MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS ATTORNEYS / LAWYERS
Motorcycles are 18 times more likely than auto drivers to die in an accident and three times more likely to be injured in an accident. A study by the National Traffic Safety Administration has stated that in the year 2004:
- over 4000 motorcyclists died in accidents and over 75,000 were injured,
- 25% of motorcyclists involved in deadly crashes did not have a valid drivers license,
- 33% of motorcycle operators who died were speeding,
- 50% of fatal accidents involved alcohol, and
- helmets saved over a 1000 lives and over 500 more lives could have been saved by the use of a helmet.
Motorcycle accidents can happen when: (1) automobiles fail to stop at a stop sign or red light; (2) the automobile misjudges necessary space to pass a motorcycle; (3) the automobile makes a left turn in front of oncoming motorcycle; (4) the automobile fails to yield to right of way to motorcycle; and (5) the automobile is unable to see the motorcycle in traffic.
To get most value from your motorcycle accident, we recommend you the do the following:
- Call the police after the motorcycle accident;
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to the motorcycle accident;
- Take pictures of the accident scene, vehicles, motorcycle and your injuries;
- If injured, do not delay getting medical treatment and follow doctors orders;
- Document your pain, swelling, and other injuries that cannot be seen;
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to a motorcycle accident attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to a motorcycle accident attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to a motorcycle accident attorney.
Hiring a Dallas, Texas motorcycle accident attorney quickly after your could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a motorcycle accident attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your injuries and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the motorcycle accident attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses and photographs. Three, the motorcycle accident attorney can protect your best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a motorcycle accident attorney will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the following: medical bills, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, and impairment.
Motorcycle accidents can cause severe personal injuries, such as brain and spinal cord injuries or wrongful death because the injured person is not protected by the enclosure of a car.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at the Kipness Law Firm represent individuals and families that have sustained the following types of personal injuries in a motorcycle accident.
- Traumatic Brain injury (TBI) or Concussion or Head Injury
- Spinal Cord injury (SCI)
- Paralysis and Speech Loss
- Quadriplegia and Paraplegia
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Amputations and Loss of Limbs
- Seizures, Numbness and Loss of Consciousness
- Back injury (herniated discs or vertebrae fractures)
- Knee injury (torn meniscus or patella fractures)
- Shoulder injury (rotator cuff)
- Ankle injury
- Vision Loss, Blindness, or Eye Injury
- Broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other emotional injuries
If a loved one or relative dies because of a motorcycle accident compensation may be given for: funeral expenses, medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, loss of emotional support and companionship provided by spouse or parent; and loss of household duties provided by spouse or parent.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles motorcycle accident cases throughout the State of Texas. If you have personal injuries or lost a family member due to wrongful death in a motorcycle accident, please call Dallas Motorcycle Accident Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.