DALLAS TEXAS CHILD INJURY, ABUSE & NEGLECT ATTORNEYS/ LAWYERS
There are around three million child abuse cases reported in the United States every year. Every day four children die and over 500 children are injured in auto accidents. Abuse can be physical, emotional, and sexual.
Children can be injured in a variety of ways including: daycare abuse, foster car abuse, hot water and burn accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, car accidents, dog bites, playground injuries, drowning, medical malpractice, dangerous and unsafe products, toys, and foods.
To get most value from your child abuse or neglect claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Call the police and if there is abuse, call 1-800-252-5400.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to the accident or abuse involving your child
- Take pictures of the accident or abuse scene and your childs injuries
- Do not delay getting your child medical treatment and follow doctors orders;
- Document your childs pain, stress, swelling, and other injuries that cannot be seen
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to a child injury attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to an child abuse attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to an child abuse & neglect attorney
Hiring a Dallas, Texas child abuse or neglect attorney quickly after your could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a child abuse or neglect attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your childs injuries and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the child abuse and neglect attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses, criminal records, medical records, and photographs. Three, the child abuse and neglect attorney can protect your and your childs best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a child abuse and neglect attorney will get your child the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If your child has been abused or neglected, you may be entitled to compensation for the following: medical bills, future medical care, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, and impairment.
The child abuse and neglect attorneys at the Kipness Law Firm, represent families whose children have sustained the following types of personal injuries:
- Traumatic Brain injury (TBI) or Concussion or Head Injury
- Spinal Cord injury (SCI)
- Paralysis and Speech Loss
- Quadriplegia and Paraplegia
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Amputations and Loss of Limb
- Seizures, Numbness and Loss of Consciousness
- Eye injury or loss of vision or blindness
- Shaken baby syndrome
- Broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other emotional injuries
If your child has died because of abuse or neglect compensation may be given for: funeral expenses, medical expenses, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, loss of emotional support and companionship provided by the child.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles child abuse and neglect cases throughout the State of Texas. If your child has personal injuries or you lost a child due to wrongful death, please call Dallas Child Abuse and Neglect Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.