DALLAS TEXAS BIRTH INJURY ATTORNEYS/ LAWYERS
For every 1000 babies born, six incur injuries from birth trauma. This rate is higher for male babies than female babies. More birth injuries occur at big hospitals, which include hospitals with over 300 beds.
Medical mistakes from birth can cause the following injuries and conditions in babies:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erbs Palsy
- Klumpkes Palsy
- Mental Retardation
- Paralysis in face or body
- Brain Damage from lack of oxygen during birth
- Fractured and broken bones
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brachial plexus injuries from shoulder dystocia
Sometimes, pregnancy complications can be anticipated before birth, such as premature birth, premature rupture of mothers membranes, disproportionate size of baby versus mothers pelvis, anticipation of large baby based on sonograms.
Examples of medical mistakes that can cause birth injury include:
- Using vacuum extraction or forceps when unnecessary
- Using vacuum extraction or forceps rather than performing c section
- Failure to monitor babys heart rate
- Failure to treat infections or jaundice in timely matter
- Failure to give baby sufficient oxygen
- Allowing mother to labor for too long
- Shoulder dystocia (babys shoulder becomes stuck in birth canal)
- Administration of wrong medication to birthing mothers
- Failure to address bleeding in mothers
- Failure to address lack of oxygen or bleeding in the baby
- Failure to recognize baby is in fetal distress before or during birth
- Failure to address birth complications such as umbilical cord entangling baby during birth or baby becoming stuck in pelvic area during birth
- Failure to anticipate possible complications either before or during birth
If your baby sustained a birth injury, you should: get immediate medical care for your baby, develop medical treatment plan with treating physicians, and meet with a birth injury attorney to learn about your legal rights. You should also document your stress and your babys pain and other problems that cannot be seen.
Individuals that may be liable for birth injuries include: doctors, hospitals, nurses, paramedics, anesthesiologists, technicians and other employees of hospitals.
Hiring a Dallas, Texas birth injury attorney quickly after your could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a birth injury attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your babys injuries. Two, the birth injury attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as medical records and photographs of the birth injury. Three, the birth injury attorney can protect your babys best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a birth injury attorney will get you the compensation you deserve for your babys injuries and assist you in dealing with your babys long term and future medical needs.
If your baby or child sustained a birth injury your baby may be entitled to compensation for the following: medical bills, future medical care, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, and impairment.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles birth injury cases throughout the State of Texas. If your baby has birth injuries or lost a baby due to wrongful death, please call Dallas Birth Injury Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.