DALLAS TEXAS BICYCLE & PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS ATTORNEYS/ LAWYERS
In 1999, there were 750 bicycling fatalities and 51,000 bicycling injuries resulting from traffic crashes in the United States. While these numbers continue to decrease from year to year, bicyclist fatalities still account for 2 percent of all traffic fatalities as well as 2 percent of all traffic injuries.
Bicycle accidents can occur when automobiles fail to yield to the right of way of the walker or bicycle; violating a stop sign or red light; automobile merging in path of bicycle; automobile fails to see the bicycle; taking a left turn in front of bicycle; automobile misjudging necessary space to pass bicycle.
Approximately 5,900 pedestrians are killed by automobiles every year... 84,000 suffer nonfatal injuries. Almost one-third of these victims are children under the age of 15 yet they represent only about 15% of the U.S. population.
Pedestrian accidents occur when automobiles turn in front of a pedestrian at a crosswalk; automobile does not stop at a stop sign or red light; automobile gets too close to a pedestrian when trying to pass; automobile fails to see the pedestrian; and entering a street without looking for any pedestrians.
To get most value from your pedestrian and accident claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Call the police after the bicycle accident;
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to the bicycle accident;
- Take pictures of the accident scene, vehicles, bicycle and your injuries;
- If injured, do not delay getting medical treatment and follow doctors orders;
- Document your pain, stress, swelling, and other injuries that cannot be seen;
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to an attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to an attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to an attorney
Hiring a Dallas, Texas pedestrian or bicycle accident attorney quickly after your could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a pedestrian or bicycle accident attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your injuries and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the bicycle accident attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses and photographs. Three, the pedestrian or bicycle accident attorney can protect your best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a pedestrian or bicycle accident attorney will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you are injured in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the following: medical bills, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, and impairment.
Pedestrian and bicycle accidents can cause severe personal injuries because the injured person is not protected by the enclosure of a car.
The pedestrian and bicycle accident attorneys at the Kipness Law Firm, represent individuals and families that have sustained the following types of personal injuries in a bicycle accident.
- Traumatic Brain injury (TBI) or Concussion or Head Injury
- Spinal Cord injury (SCI)
- Paralysis and Speech Loss
- Quadriplegia and Paraplegia
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Seizures, Numbness and Loss of Consciousness
- Amputations and Loss of Limb
- Back injury (herniated discs or vertebrae fractures)
- Knee injury (torn meniscus or patella fractures)
- Shoulder injury (rotator cuff)
- Ankle injury
- Broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Eye injury, blindness and vision loss
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other emotional injuries
If a loved one or relative dies because of pedestrian or bicycle accident compensation may be given for: funeral expenses, medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, loss of emotional support and companionship provided by spouse or parent; and loss of household duties provided by spouse or parent.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles pedestrian or bicycle accident cases throughout the State of Texas. If you have personal injuries or lost a family member due to wrongful death in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, please call Dallas Bicycle Accidents Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.