DALLAS TEXAS AUTO & CAR ACCIDENTS ATTORNEYS/ LAWYERS
In 2005, there were 6,240,000 auto accidents in the United States. Of this amount, 2,900,000 were injured and 42,636 were killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes. These auto accidents occur because of reckless and negligent driving.
To get most value from your auto accident claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Call the police after the auto accident;
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to the auto accident;
- Take pictures of your the accident scene, vehicles, and your injuries
- If injured, do not delay getting medical treatment and follow doctors orders
- Document your pain, stress, swelling, and other injuries that cannot be seen
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to an attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to an attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to an attorney
Hiring a Dallas, Texas auto accident attorney quickly after your could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring an auto accident attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your injuries and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the auto accident attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses and photographs. Three, the auto accident attorney can protect your best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, an auto accident attorney will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you are injured in an auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the following: medical bills, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, and impairment.
You may have a right to make a claim for compensation on your own auto insurance policy. You are required to establish that the person who caused the accident has no insurance or not enough insurance to compensate you for your injuries.
You should not settle a claim with the negligent driver without notifying your auto insurance company. These claims are complicated and it is recommended you speak with an auto accident attorney. These types of claims are known as uninsured or underinsured motorists (UM/UIM) claims and are made against your insurance company, not the insurance company for the negligent driver.
The auto accident attorneys at the Kipness Law Firm represent individuals and families that have sustained the following types of personal injuries in an auto accident.
- Traumatic Brain injury (TBI) or Concussion or Head Injury
- Spinal Cord injury (SCI)
- Paralysis and Speech Problems
- Quadriplegia and Paraplegia
- Seizures, Numbness and Loss of Consciousness
- Amputations and Loss of Limbs
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Back injury (herniated disc or vertebrae fractures)
- Knee injury (torn meniscus or patella fractures)
- Shoulder injury (rotator cuff)
- Eye Injury, Vision Loss or Blindness
- Ankle injury
- Broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other emotional injuries
If a loved one or relative dies because of auto accident compensation may be given for: funeral expenses, medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, loss of emotional support and companionship provided by spouse or parent; and loss of household duties provided by spouse or parent.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles auto accident cases throughout the State of Texas. If you have personal injuries or lost a family member due to wrongful death in an auto accident, please call Dallas Auto Accident Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.